Thursday, October 28, 2010

denying the Lord

I really dislike my tendency to downplay my faith and even openly ridicule myself for past radical/fanatical behavior.

I need to stop this because I am giving the impression that I am a non believer and I know that cowardice is at the root of this - I don't want to get into arguments about the authenticity of the Bible and so on. I've had those arguments and they are nothing more than words being thrown back and forth without any meaning whatsoever and i only end up angry.

One may shake their head and wonder just how often do arguments happen, really? you would be amazed - just the mere casual mention of a saying by Jesus and bam! there you have it somebody will always be up and at em asking me to prove that Christ said it, and even to prove that Christ even existed.

I am sick and tired of these petty disputes and so I avoid them as much as possible. In the process though I am denying my faith and I am ashamed of myself for doing this. I need to stop that.

c.anna

No comments: