Wednesday, June 23, 2010

temper temper

wowee do I ever have an attitude problem when I get tired and irritable. It seems my filthy mouth decides that since the brain is temporarily out of service, it can do as it pleases...which is cuss, and say incredibly insulting things about other people, including innocent bystanders...and, to my shame...the more blasphemous the idea, the more likely it is to come rolling out of my smelly mouth.

I am told to not speak in anger and to not let my emotions rule over me. If I do I should question my sincerity in my walk with the Lord.

I am never so close to hell as I am when I'm in a bad mood.

i am deeply ashamed of myself - but I always am, once I settle down and come back to my senses.

I've come to the conclusion that my time before the Lord's throne isn't going to be all accolades and crowns. I am beginning to fear that day, and this fear is having a beneficial affect on me. Its giving birth to respect. Respect is giving birth to admiration. Admiration is giving birth to love. Yes. I am falling in love with God and its a wonderous thing. Stormy. Wonderous. Awesome.

c.anna

No comments: