Sunday, May 16, 2010

Don't speak when you're angry

A friend on facebook mentioned one day that she was going to pour herself 'a big cup of shut up' I loved it and have been reminding myself of those words and telling myself to imagine myself sipping on a steaming mug of shut up at times when my mouth would normally get moving and cause trouble for me or someone I love.

I notice when I'm miserable and angry absolutely nothing helpful, wise, uplifting or sensible comes out of my mouth....and that is the time I most want to give voice to my thoughts. Staying quiet and silent is a skill I am learning. Some days I am more successful than others, but hey - its a learning curve.

I'm getting better at it and, with each success, that feeling of accomplishment just gets sweeter and sweeter.

c.anna

No comments: