Friday, May 21, 2010

Just forgive.

Here I am 43 years old feeling all sorry for myself because my childhood wasn't perfect and my parents made myriad mistakes and inwardly blaming them for every imaginable misery I've ever suffered.

I keep on digging through my resentment pile and the deeper I dig the bigger the pile gets and I've come to the conclusion that as long as I'm looking for crap to feel sorry for myself about there will always be some.

Time for me to get over myself and get on with things. I have a wonderful opportunity to forgive - and what a blessing this golden moment is too. The lord told us to pray '....and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us...'

So, the more I forgive, the more I will be forgiven, and on the day that I stand before the Lord I hope to be forgiven for a whole bunch of stuff.

c.anna

No comments: