Friday, May 21, 2010

how does it feel to forgive?

I've been struggling with the concept of forgiveness. I have come to the conclusion that to forgive I simply let go of any sense of entitlement to retribution or vengence for a wrong done to me. yet I seem to have a hard time getting around my feelings of anger, shame and sorrow.

I may be able to rationalize many of the things I feel upset about, but being able to see the other side doesn't seem to take away the sadness, and hurt I feel....which brings me to the idea that forgiveness may not be about feelings. It may simply be a sort of spiritual transaction. I cancel the debt and it no longer exists regardless of how confusing this is on an emotional level.

c.anna

1 comment:

Just Be Real said...

Wow, again, I could relate so much to your writings. Thank you for sharing your pain.