Thursday, July 24, 2008

I am a soul, I have a body

Just recently I read those words somewhere that I've since forgotten.

I always thought of myself as a body, mind and last of all, a soul.

When I read the words, 'I am a soul, I have a body' I felt so much...what can I say? MORE.

More than I ever thought myself before. Suddenly I became an eternal, etherial being and my flesh suddenly felt almost disposable in its insignificance.

Those words changed not only how I think of myself, but also how I think of others...strangers on the street or on the bus suddenly seemed so much more interesting as I understood that I may be able to see their flesh, but that in seeing their flesh, I'm seeing the smallest and least significant part of them.

you are a soul, you have a body

- c.anna

No comments: