Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A servant's place

Today I was thinking to myself how much my client takes me for granted.

I put on shoes, do up zippers, tuck in scarves, make lunch, travel all over the city with him to appointments and, amoung other duties, I heartily, applaud his every success.

And once in a while I'll spend my personal time on a day off running errands and picking up items I know he'll need in the coming week.

The requests and favors seem endless and I feel as though I'll never come to a place where I will be told that I've done enough and the mission is accomplished.

I was ruminating on this and as I said above I was feeling taken for granted. I mumbled out loud that it's like I'm a servant.

Then I understood that I am, in fact, a servant - and being a servant isn't so aweful, and besides I have my reward - a healthy pay cheque every second week.

So, what am I grumbling about? I thank the Lord for bringing a little perspective to me and resetting my attitude a bit.

c.anna

No comments: