Monday, January 12, 2009

Lord, help me to serve with cheerfulness

Lately when I pray I've been asking the Lord to bless me with a servant's heart and to help me to serve, with cheerfulness, those who need me.

Reminding myself of how much I desire this helps me through those moments of negativity that come over me....such as the post I wrote about being in emotional pain and sinking in a tar pit...or something to that efftect (that post is around here somewhere).

I get depressed sometimes and that post pretty much sums up what I'm like when I'm depressed....so, staying postitive and cheerful is something I have to work at with dilligence.

So, since I am in a position where I serve, I want to keep on getting better at it.

I've come to a place in my life where I ask the Lord to grant me that servant's heart and the blessing of cheerfulness.

c.anna

No comments: