Tuesday, February 16, 2010

eternal life

Christianity teaches that its followers will have eternal life.

I have been told that If I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and is alive - I will be saved.

I can't fathom this blessing. Somehow I keep on thinking that I have to work really hard to earn the gift that there is no way I can ever be worthy and yet I keep on trying to force myself to be good enough - to somehow convince God that I DESERVE it.

In deserving it - God would then be obligated to give it to me.....what a trap my mind is!!! What a snare my pride is! why do I find it so hard to just acknowledge that I am an imperfect being born with a sinful nature and understand that the very fact that I believe on the name of Jesus Christ is remarkable in itself, and that belief is what God values more than any good deed or piety I may aspire to?

c.anna

No comments: