Sunday, September 5, 2010

distracted and restless

Praying is one of my most cherished rights. I love to go into the presence of God any time any place and for any reason and lay my cares, and requests at the feet of the Lord.

Lately, though, focussing on what I'm saying has been a challenge and I find myself mentally raising my voice to keep my brain aware and praying - its as if a thick fog has surrounded me and I have to shout my thoughts in order to get the words through.

Daydreaming takes over in seconds and I don't even notice I've stopped praying.

I'm glad I noticed this happening - I wonder how long its been going on.

Praying has become an effort of will, and this can only strengthen me. I know that the Lord will not let any test or burden come upon me that I cannot bear.

c.anna

No comments: