Tuesday, March 17, 2009

emptiness

I have a spending addiction.

One of the blessings that God gives to each one who recieves him is self control, and so, I try to claim that blessing and control myself.

It works, until I see a fancy hand bag, or a nifty little wallet or sparkling trinket.

Like a little monkey, I grab at anything shiney.

Somehow I just feel empty. Filling that part of me with the fleeting infatuation of a new item is unsatisfying and is leaving me in a perpetual state of want.

So, I'm shifting my focus away from the emptiness within and onto the promise that the Lord will meet all of my needs. I want to join with the singer who sang '...my cup runneth over, surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.'

c.anna

No comments: