Sunday, August 31, 2008

Am I ready to give an account?

Lately I've been thinking about the afterlife and the fact that I'll have to give an answer for all of my actions while I was still on this side of eternity.

I don't think God will demand that I justify my sinful actions - I can't. Luckily I have Jesus Christ as an advocate for me...I think, however, that God will be especially interested to hear about how I used my blessings and gifts in His service.

The ability to work is a blessing and the money that generates is not only a blessing but it is a responsibility and I feel strongly that I should be giving some of this back to the Lord.

The capacity to love is another blessing and I think I'll be expected to give an account of how I showed love to my fellow man including my enemies.

How have I shown that I love the Lord, my family, my neighbor, my enemy, and myself?

In the end it's all about love.

c.anna

No comments: