Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nice, who me?

Tonight one of my clients came to me asking for assistance with a small thing and I let out a sigh and asked why he was coming to me with this and he said it was because I'm generally nicer to him than other staff.

Well, this comment put me in a good mood for the rest of the night, and I don't care to analyze it and think I'm being buttered up or being pitted against my co workers...the fact is, I received a compliment and it felt really good - hey, I'm only human.

And you know what else? I'm refreshed. A simple thing like a compliment implying some sort of appreciation for what I do has put me back on track and realigned my thinking....the job is about my clients - not about me or my co worker or any issues staff may have.

I've decided that I'm going to spend as little of my time in the staff office as I can and as much time as I can out on the floor with the clients. They are what the job is all about and I had lost sight of that.

c.anna

No comments: