Friday, August 1, 2008

Judge and Jury

I've looked over my posts and I can see that I'm making myself out to be some sort of compassionate angel of mercy who loves everyone and magically converts negative feelings into helpful life lessons. I need to be honest, if I'm going to talk about my feelings I think I should also address my less than attractive aspects.

I titled this post 'Judge and Jury' because I sometimes place myself above the people I work with and in my mind I preside over them and bang the gavel according to who is more trouble or less trouble that day.

There may be a judge in my mind, but there is also a jury, and this jury convicts me of the same 'crimes'. This inner jury reminds me that I am sometimes needy and demanding too.

This jury reminds me that I don't always take advice, I make some unhealthy decisions, and I often annoy my co workers and friends and others who care about me.

I need to remind myself, more often, that I'm not superior to anyone - especially not the people I support - and I can be sure that if I forget this, the inner jury will take me down a peg or two.

c.anna

No comments: